END OF CHAPTER
Prepare a written overview of the chapter « Animal Farm», remembering what you have learnt in the chapter .Present the documents you have studied (in class, at home, and the one you chose for the oral exam) along these guidelines :
– List the characteristics of Shakespearean plays, language, characters, etc.
– Recap the different ways of using and transforming a canon
– What are the different reasons for using Shakespeare‘s plays and characters ?
– Recap the different effects that may be produced or intended in the act of rewriting
– Examine the reader’s position and role when confronted to a derivative work
– Examine whether or in what ways rewriting affects the original text : does it explore or explode it ?
Remember that it is always better to compare the documents and to show the links between them as you go along than to just talk about them one after the other.